Frequently Asked Questions
about the APHA Accelerate Workshops
(including Terms and Conditions)
Will the sessions be recorded so they can be accessed later for those who cannot attend?
No, we will not record the sessions to share with people who cannot attend. There are two reasons we do not record them:
- One of the important benefits of attending the workshops is networking with other advocates from around the US and Canada. The only way that benefit can be realized is by in-person attendance.
- Recording the sessions is very expensive. In order to afford the recording service and delivery, we would have to raise the price for the people who attend the workshops. That does not seem fair when most people would want to listen because they didn’t attend.
If you want to learn from workshop sessions, you’ll have to attend them.
How can I keep my cost of attendance to a minimum?
There are a few things you can do to be more cost effective:
- Register early to save substantial amounts on the registration fees.
- Instead of charging the Registration Fees to your credit card, you can use 0% financing at Paypal (subject to credit approval).
- Check out strategies for finding inexpensive airfare.
- Connect with other attendees in our APHA Connect! discussion forum to see if someone would like to share a hotel room.
- If you don’t already own the text books we’ll be using, then purchase them when you register to save even more than the already-existing APHA book discount, and much more than purchasing at Amazon or Barnes & Noble (bn.com) (See note below about availability of discounts.)
I am not currently a member of the Alliance of Professional Health Advocates. I see the price of these workshops is higher for me but provides me with a PACE membership. What if I don’t want to be a member? Or perhaps I prefer to join as a Premium member? Do I still have to pay extra?
Yes. The cost of attending the workshops is $55 more for non-members. We assess that extra cost whether or not you wish to become a member of APHA. If you do wish to become a member, it pays for a PACE membership, or can be applied to a Premium membership. (No discount available on a Directory-Only APHA membership.)
Am I required to purchase the text books? If so, do you offer discounts?
The workshops will be based on the text books – and will amplify the information found in them. We will reference the text books constantly, adding to and updating the information as we go along. They are the tools you need to get the most from your time spent during our workshop sessions.
Obviously, if you already own them then no, you don’t need to buy them again! Please do bring them with you to the workshops.
The books are offered for a substantial discount during the Registration process (even less than APHA member prices.) That is the only time the workshop book discount will be offered to you. If you don’t take advantage during Registration, then you are invited to purchase the books through your APHA Dashboard.
Please note there are no refunds for the purchase of the books. (See Refund Policies at the bottom of this page.)
Do you offer CEUs for these workshops?
No CEUs are awarded at this time. Once Patient Advocate certification is available (early 2018 – see more on the certification website) we will likely offer CEUs that can be used for BCPA recertification, but as yet we do not.
What is the dress code for the workshops?
Be comfortable! We expect people will be dressed in anything from business casual, to comfy jeans, to country-club chic. Tattoos and piercings optional.
What kind of feedback have you gotten on these workshops?
Our feedback has been overwhelmingly positive – you can find testimonials throughout this site.
That’s not to say everything has been perfect! We invite critique of these events so we can improve upon them for future workshops. You’ll have many opportunities to provide feedback about your experience.
May I pay by check or money order instead of using a credit card?
Yes. You will be able to choose a check, bank draft, or money order payment during the registration process. We’ll follow up with an email that tells you how much to send, and where to send it. (Our postal address is APHA, PO Box 491073, Leesburg, FL 34749).
Important: you must give your check time to clear. If you want to pay for Early Registration, it MUST ARRIVE BY THE DEADLINE DATE or you will be assessed the additional cost of the later registration. No exceptions!
Do you have a Refund Policy?
We recognize that sometimes things happen, life gets in the way, and you may need to cancel your reservation. With that in mind, we do offer refunds that are based on how far in advance of the workshops you must cancel.
As new questions come in, we’ll answer them here.
If you have a question, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org