Prepare for Your
APHA Accelerate Workshops
It won’t be long now before we’ll meet in San Francisco! Linda and Trisha are looking forward to meeting you.
Here are some of the details you’ll need to prepare.
Workshops will be held at the
Holiday Inn San Francisco International Airport
Note: Be sure you have the RIGHT Holiday Inn! There are several in the area. Here’s the address:
275 South Airport Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Transportation and Parking Information:
- The hotel offers a free shuttle for those who will fly into the San Francisco International Airport.
- If you are driving in and spending the night, parking is $9.95 + tax per night.
- If you will be driving in for the day, parking is free.
Times, Meals, and Snacks:
- Friday: Registration begins at 7:30 AM, workshop begins by 8 AM and runs through 4:30 PM (includes mid-morning continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks)
- Saturday: Registration begins at 7:30 AM, workshop begins by 8 AM and runs through 4:30 PM (includes mid-morning continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks)
- Sunday: Workshop Session begins at 7:30 AM and runs through 12:30 PM (includes mid-morning continental breakfast)
We’ll provide for you most materials needed to maximize your value from our time together:
- Copies of the presentations (provided as pdfs, downloadable after the workshops are complete)
- Legal pads and pens for note taking
- SWAG (Don’t know what SWAG is? Ask us when you get there!)
Please bring with you:
- Your textbook(s). Important! It will be easy to mix them up because they will all look alike, so please put your name on the cover, maybe even on the edges. You might just tape your business card to the cover. Whatever you can do to make it “yours” so the notes you take inside won’t go home with someone else.
- Business cards – a dozen or more. You’ll be giving 3 of them to us (they’ll be returned to you – you’ll really like them when we’re finished with them! – but you won’t be able to give them to someone else). You’ll want to use the others for networking with other attendees.
- Your own introduction. First thing in the morning you’ll be asked to introduce yourself in less than 2 minutes. We want to know:
- your name and (if you have one) your company name
- where you live and work
- what you are hoping to learn during the workshops
Details of the Day
- Dress Code: Be comfortable! We’ll have 2-1/2 long days of work and there’s no sense in getting dressed up. I’ll be dressed in slacks and a blouse or nice shirt. If you tend to get chilly, bring a sweater. We keep the room cool (and discourage snoring after lunch 😉 ).
- Computers? No requirement for a computer unless that’s how you like to take notes. We will ask you to turn off your cellphones.
- Bring your appetite! We’ll have lots of good food. See Times, Meals, and Snacks (above.)
- Friday dinner: This has been a FUN time with GREAT networking in every city where we have hosted workshops. See more information at right.
(Please note: We’ll be traveling on Wednesday, September 13, so we may be more difficult to reach if a problem arises.)