San Francisco Workshops – Follow Up
So great to meet you during the APHA workshops in San Francisco!
Thanks for being such a great group of students, and for the excellent information and gratifying comments you provided on your evaluations.
What a joy it was to spend time with you!
Important! Please provide us with a testimonial to help our marketing, as per our email request. It will take only 2-3 minutes using this form. Thanks!
Here is your follow-up information:
(With thanks to Gwyndolyn Davis for being our scribe.)
• Corrected Attendee List
To get in touch with Linda Adler: firstname.lastname@example.org
To get in touch with Trisha Torrey: email@example.com
• Powerpoints and Scenarios
To download each of these presentations, please RIGHT click (or control-click on a Mac) – and download them to your computer. They are all pdfs and are rather large files. Some of the slides (without content you need) have been removed.
Important! These presentations are considered to be proprietary information and may not be shared with others. By downloading them, you agree not to share them with anyone who did not attend our workshops.
- Friday’s Business & Marketing Powerpoint
- Saturday’s Client Services Powerpoint
- Sunday’s Role Play Scenarios
• Additional Notes and Links
- TED Talk: Simon Sinek How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Blog post: Remembering the Mean Girls (addresses the question about whether you need to have a clinical background to be a successful advocate, has links to some data that shows you do not.)
- Starting a Health Related Blog
- The ORB: many of the resources we discussed can be found in the Online Resource Bank (ORB.) Access information is found at the myAPHA membership site: https://myAPHA.org/orb
- Regina Holliday – The Walking Gallery (Trisha’s Jacket)
- Giveaway for when you speak: 10 Patient Empowerment Tips for your Refrigerator Door (you can request file to drop in your own logo and contact info)
Remember, too, that we have dozens of apps and tools listed in the APHA Tech Center.
If we’ve missed anything, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
Now – go forth and help all those you can. People need you!
Important! If you haven’t done so already, please provide us with a testimonial to help our marketing, as per our email request. It will take only 2-3 minutes using this form. Thanks!