San Diego Workshops – Follow Up Information
So great to meet you during the APHA workshops in San Diego!
Thanks for being such a great group of students, and for the excellent information and
gratifying comments you provided on your evaluations.
What a joy it was to spend time with you!
Here is your follow-up information, as promised:
To download each of these presentations, please RIGHT click (or control-click on a Mac) – and download them to your computer. They are all pdfs and are rather large files. Some of the slides (without content you need) have been removed.
- Starting a Health Related Blog
- The ORB: many of the resources can be found in the Online Resource Bank (ORB.) Access information is found in The Health Advocate’s Advanced Marketing Handbook.
- Links to articles about advocacy
- Regina Holliday – The Walking Gallery
- Medical errors – from where did the statistic of “one error, per patient, per day” come from?
It came from this report from the Institute of Medicine: Preventing Medication Errors (page 1, First paragraph under “The Unacceptable Cost of Medication Errors”)
- Can-Spam Act – the law that makes spam illegal
During our two days together a number of resources were shared, and they will be added to the ORB when the new APHA site is launched.
If I’ve missed anything, please let me know!