Orlando Workshops – Follow Up
So great to meet you during the APHA workshops in Orlando!
Thanks for being such a great group of students, and for the excellent information and gratifying comments you provided on your evaluations.
What a joy it was to spend time with you!
Important! Please provide us with a testimonial to help our marketing, as per our email request. It will take only 2-3 minutes using this form. Thanks!
Here is your follow-up information:
(With thanks to Kathy McMillan for being our scribe – all three days.)
• Corrected Attendee List
We never want to leave anyone out! Here’s the corrected version.
• Group Forum
We had a quick discussion about setting up a group forum at APHA Connect. Elizabeth volunteered to be the forum leader. We need at least 8 people to commit to participating in the forum, and it will be open so that others who did not attend the Orlando Workshops might also participate (generally, APHA discussion forums are open to all.)
Important! If you will commit to reading and posting in the Workshop Forum, please shoot us a quick email (email@example.com) so we know that 8 of you are interested.
• Powerpoints and Scenarios
To download each of these presentations, please RIGHT click (or control-click on a Mac) – and download them to your computer. They are all pdfs and are rather large files. Some of the slides (without content you need) have been removed.
Important! These presentations are considered to be proprietary information and may not be shared with others. By downloading them, you agree not to share them with anyone who did not attend our workshops.
- Friday’s Business & Marketing Powerpoint
- Saturday’s Client Services Powerpoint
- Sunday’s The Future of Advocacy Powerpoint
- Sunday’s Role Play Scenarios
• Additional Notes and Links
- HSA (Health Savings Accounts) – do payments to advocates qualify?
HSA qualified deductions generally follow those of the IRS. Here is what we have written about taking tax deductions – which can then be translated to HSA deductions (reimbursements.)
- Idea: Ask a client’s physician to “write a prescription” for an advocate. Just be sure the client understands that even though it’s a prescription, it isn’t covered by insurance.
- Examples of the newsletter Trisha (used to) send to her patient subscribers. You’ll find that the older ones have broken links and images, but at least you can get an idea.
- Blog post: Remembering the Mean Girls (addresses the question about whether you need to have a clinical background to be a successful advocate)
- Observation Status (Medicare does not pay for Observation Status) Resources:
- Discussion Forum conversation
- Hospital Challenges, Observation Status, Ambulatory Care
- Changes to Laws re: Observation Status and Nursing Home Discharge Notifications
- Podcast, Powerpoint, Flyers: Medicare rules: Admitted or Non-Admitted? Inpatient or Outpatient/Under Observation? Coverage for Hospitalization? Link to the Medical Billing Special Interest Group Resources and find this in the list of calls from February 2017.
- Blister packs for patients who take multiple medications (suggested by Deon): Pillpak.com There seem to be several other companies doing this, too. Do a web search for “pills” and “blister packs” and you’ll find them.
- Linda’s contracts: Linda asks that you get in touch directly with her if you would like copies: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TED Talk: Simon Sinek (includes the sound!) How Great Leaders Inspire Action
- Virtual Advocacy: Video apps to use with clients:
- Homecare software (from Linda’s apps list): CareTree
- Starting a Health Related Blog
- The ORB: many of the resources we discussed can be found in the Online Resource Bank (ORB.) Access information is found at the myAPHA membership site: https://myAPHA.org/orb
- Links to articles about advocacy
- Regina Holliday – The Walking Gallery
- Can-Spam Act – the law that makes spam illegal
Remember, too, that we have dozens of apps and tools listed in the APHA Tech Center.
If we’ve missed anything, please let us know! email@example.com
Now – go forth and help all those you can. People need you!
Important! If you haven’t done so already, please provide us with a testimonial to help our marketing, as per our email request. It will take only 2-3 minutes using this form. Thanks!